Thursday 4 March 2010

Trouble Begins


Sept. 2009

Went to the optometrist for the first time in 1.5 years. Had been noticing eyeglasses prescription seemed wrong. Instead of Dr. C. in Fort Worth, I saw Dr. M. in their Southlake office. Dr. M. advised cataract in left eye was larger -- referred me to Dr. Labor.



Early November 2009

Saw Dr. Labor -- he advised cataract surgery for left eye but also identified an epiretinal membrane there. He advised me to see his associate Dr. R. before having surgery.

Mid-November 2009

Saw Dr. R. in Fort Worth. He did OCT scan on my left eye- said there is "significant traction" on the retina and he is surprised that I don't already have distorted vision. Since we don't know how much the macular pucker is contributing to the poor vision, he wants me to have the cataract out, then come back to see him on Feb. 19. I scheduled the cataract surgery for Jan. 11, 2010.

My article about the choices for premium IOL is at
Crystalens Cost With Cataract Surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment